Thursday, November 20, 2008

Sweet and sour Love

Pictures taken by Jian.




Hey Mary, I love you so much. “The last word I ever said to her.”



I was working at the beach of Redang as a bartender. People was filling the place like magic, it was the peak season of summer. Many people was going around with their business and enjoying their vacation. I was unlucky; my parents went bankrupt and ask me to work by myself as they could not bear to involve me in their problem. They want me to start a new life without them. At first I was unwilling, but they were too persistent that I have to obey them.

I live with my friends in a house nearby the beach faraway from everyone. We shared the rent together; that made living expense became really easy. The job I had has a promising pay. I enjoyed my life here on Redang. One night, I met a beautiful girl; she wore a beautiful red dress with her exotic make up. She was half drunk and was sulking about being dump on the day of her birthday. She told me that on the way home; in her boyfriend car, he told her that he wanted to break up because he suddenly was in love with another girl. I felt she was an idiot because she still liked him and kept getting together with him again. It was her 5th break up with him.

I took sympathy on her and just let her drink free booze. She asks me; whether she could crash in my place since she left her stuffs in her ex-boyfriend car. After a while of thinking I let her because she seems harmless and was attractive to me. The other reason was that my friends are out of town for a week for their project. I drove her home with my proton wira. She vomited out of the car on the half way home. Luckily I was smart I open the window before she came in the car because I knew she would vomit or it was just the car being smelly. I laugh at myself after thinking that. She fell like a rock and slept like a baby. In the end I had to sleep in one of my friend room just to keep the distance from her. I did not want her screaming in the morning; shouting at me for violating her. Thanks to the hard work at the bar, I fell asleep like a rock too.

The next morning, I woke up early as the people say early birds gets the worm. Literally I cook bacon and egg for two. She woke up and came to the kitchen with her blurriness. Suddenly she asks me “What’s for breakfast?” It seems that stranger doesn’t bother her much. When I push the plate to her, she finishes it in a flash; while I was half way through. I thought to myself “No wonders why she was dumped by the same guy for five times, she is a slob.”

She kisses me on the cheek and said thank you. I was stoned by her. She left for the morning and came back after 3 hours. She was wearing new clothes and brought a baggage with her. “Don’t tell me that you’re going to stay here?” She answers me “Why not?” Things were getting out of hand. I heard foot step outside my house or should I say ‘our house?’ I took a peek and was amazed by her beauty again. She was wearing a oversize pink top and she looks like she was not wearing anything at the bottom. The sun was setting She pulled me out and ran to the beach. I was guessing what she wanted. She pulled her shirt up. “Oh, she is undressing. OH NO! She is undressing.” I quickly close my eyes with my hand. Suddenly i feel something warm grabbing my arm; she pulls my hand away from my face and pulls me towards the sea. Apparently she was wearing a bikini; it has the same orangery colour as the sun and the skies.

She pushes me into the sea. The seawater was painful; it was burning my nostril and throat. I stood up and pulled her into the sea too. We ended up laughing and enjoying the afternoon. After that we walk around the beach and took notice of some beautiful flowers; it was white lilies. She pick one up and smell it. I smelled a soft and nice scent, it wasn’t the flower but the scent from her long silky hair.

She was a sloppy girl sometimes, but sometimes she was a woman who can really know how to tease a guy. I was falling in love with her. It was really a tiring day; I went to bed straight away. The next thing I know, I was up and she was beside me. She was seducing me. We were getting hot until I felt something sharp poking me at the bottom; I was curious and grab it. I look down. “OH MY GOD. IT’S A D**K!!!!”

I woke up from my nightmare on a bright morning. Still soak lightly in my cold sweat; she was sleeping soundly beside me. I did not want to double check whether she was a male or a female. I had forgotten that I had to sleep in my friend room while she sleeps in mine for a while. She looks really cute when she was cuddling against my arm. She looks like an innocent child even though I know she isn’t. She woke up and rubs her eyes. She wipes her drools against my shirt and laughs a while. She stole my heart by the way she acts towards me. She got up and kisses me on the forehead.

My door was suddenly slam opened, my friends came in shouting “Surprise! We are back” Instead they were surprised by who I was being kissed by. We had some discussion with my friends, she had no where to stay and she ended up sleeping in the same room with me. She lied that she was my mate, or did she? I bought a new futon by using my salary and slept on the floor. Every morning I woke up, I find her hugging me tightly beside me. It seems no use trying to draw a line. She keeps sleeping beside me; on the floor; in my bed; even in my friend room. They laugh at our cuteness but it was more to hers’.

It was a mutual love; she loved me; I loved her but I was still shy around her. She keeps fluttering my heart. We were so attached to each another. Every night when I am working, she would pop up and try to buy drinks ranging from ‘air strike’, ‘night blue’, vodka with coke and a lot more. She knew more drinks than me. She would always end up with a cup of milk, a bowl of strawberry sundae, lemon tea and a coke. She would finish them and give me kiss on the cheek; she always ask for drinks to tease me. Her physique can lie to others but it doesn’t to me. She told me that she was still 17, I scolded her for drinking. She agreed with me that she wouldn’t drink until she was at the appropriate age.

Three more days to her birthday, I bought red wine as a gift; I met her when she was in her red dress. She threw it away since it was her ex’s favourite. Unluckily she told me that she had something else to do for three days and wouldn’t be back after her birthday. I said"I love you so much" She was gone after leaving a kiss on my lips.

Two days later, it was unlucky for both of us. My friends drove us to another town to have some fun since I took a leave from my job. We stop beside the sidewalk because my friend had to get some stuff. It was a cloudy day. I recognize someone who looks familiar. The sun was unblocked by the clouds. It was her. She was with another man, I didn’t really care since it might be her father or brother but the guy doesn’t seem to be around the age of fatherhood. She did not mention that she had a brother; she only has a little sister. I look at her again; she was kissing the man. By the time I knew what was going on, my friend drove away. I felt cheated and didn’t want to believe it.

At night, we were watching television. There was news about a guy and a girl died in a car crash in the town from where we were this afternoon. The picture of the dead was shown at the side of the television. Everyone was gasping. I went to the mortuary to get the last time being with her. I zipped open the bag and cried. Tears drop unto her face. It seems like that she was crying too. I left white lilies on top of her and left.

Even though; I knew it was real; I regret and hated her; She had cheated on me; I wanted treat her as a passerby in my life; I want to forget about her but I can’t seem to hate her or forget her.

Three years later. Someone knock on the door of my house. I am still living in the same house while some of my friends moved away. A girl who looks like someone I really knew said that she knows me. She held a lily and told me that she had a sister who died three years ago. She died a day before her birthday because she wanted to buy something for the one she really loved. She died with her best friend who seems like a brother to her. Now I know why I could blame her; hate her; forget her; it was because somewhere in my heart, it was telling me that she didn’t cheat on me.

I fell to the ground on my knees and started crying. The girl hugs me and said “even though I can’t really be like my sister but I don’t mind replacing her.” She smiled at me.

No comments: