Sunday, November 16, 2008

Hit and Run

Picture of Unknown. Editted by Dark Nogisaka

Since young I have been fascinated by cars. My dad brought me to the F1 track when I was five. The roaring and purring sound of the cars makes me excited.

Things aren’t always about car. At least I have a nice life to go on with. On the first day of college, I woke up late because I was busy working on my car at night. I was in a hurry and ran as fast as I could to the lecturing hall. Most students stay in the dorm of the college because there isn’t any appropriate house to live in. At the junction of the hall, suddenly a girl appeared. I could not slow down and knock the girl down. So that’s how my first day of college started out.

“Ouch. Watch where you’re going! You jerk!” said the girl. “Sorry I was in a hu..” I was suddenly cut off. “Damn you! Are you blind?” She shouted angrily. Everyone was looking at us now. I was shocked and do not want to tolerate with her. I started leaving her alone with her mess. She pulled my shirt and said “Hey are you going to help me clean my stuff?” I help her gather her stuffs and help her stand. “Ouch, my leg hurts. I think you injured my ankle." Without hesitation I carry her on my back to her class. Luckily she was in the same lesson with me and we used the excuse ‘she was injured, I need to carry her here’ for coming in late.

She had to sit beside me because there wasn’t any seat left. It was feeling awkward. “I am Tina. Aren’t you going introduce yourself to me?” She looked at me coldly. “I’m Rick.” I said with frustration. For the rest of the week I need to help her move about. From that time, we got to knew each another better. It was surprising she was in love in cars too. We talk about cars, the model of cars, specification of cars, upgraded cars and a lot more.

Eventually I bought a Mitsubishi Skyline, with beautiful spoilers, tinted window, specially made exhaust, breath taking rims and the front, side and back bumper is specially imported from Japan. The best thing about it is the installed engine which was use for racing. It was illegal to use it but it was the best thrill of all. I started racing at night to earn large sum of cash. Tina was worried of me but sometimes give me advice to be careful. On the night of white day, I brought her out for a fancy dinner. I look into her eyes solemnly and confess to her. She accepted reluctantly.

Things went well. The money I earn was spent on the car and also on her. 3 years pass quickly that we wanted to settle down. She wants to start a family, while I had to quit my illegal racing and open a ‘repairing car shop’. She asked me to stop racing immediately and begin finding a lot to start working. Since it was the last time, I had promise with a racer to race after twelve around my area. She was angry at me and just let me do what I want. We dint talk much that day.

When the sun fall, the moon rises. I called Tina on my cell phone to check up on. Apparently she did not take her phone with her or she was avoiding my calls. The clock starts ticking and we’re off racing. On the last lap, I was leading and was going to win my last race. The time was 3.32 A.M on my digital clock. On the sharp corner, suddenly a figure crossed the road. I was lack of time and didn’t see it coming, I knock down the figure. I was afraid I kill the person; I didn’t want to lose my new life with Tina. I did not stop to see the person was safe or not. I speed away into the darkness.

I went home to sleep, but my body was trembling with fear and guilt. I was so restless the next morning. My phone suddenly rang, it was Tina’s mom. She ordered me to go to the hospital now. She had a wearily tone. After that, I notice I had a miss call by Tina around 3.32 A.M. I reach the hospital before 4P.m. When I reach the hallway, it was filled with gloomy and sad aura. Tina’s mom was crying loudly and hugging her husband tightly. I ran to the couple and look into the I.C.U room and notice Tina was seriously injured and was warped around with bandage. She was heavily bleeding too. The bandages were soaking with blood.

Tina mom told me that she could not be saved. Tina was at the edge of her life. She lost a lot of blood. She was found lying on the roadside with her phone unconscious and bleeding. Apparently, she tried calling someone and did not look around before she cross the road and was involve in a hit and run incident. It was 3.33P.M, Tina held and releases her last breath.

Rick was in dilemma because it was him that killed her. Rick screams, holding his head, trying to pull his hair out. Thousand of tears flow. Rick fell to the ground, pleaded and asking for help. His plead was not asking help from the people around but from god.
He speeds down the highway, aimlessly without any thought at all. He was filled with sorrow, guilt and regrets. He killed himself in a car accident. He went off a cliff and his remains were not found.

No comments: