Saturday, November 15, 2008

Stars

I wrote this for my SPM paper 1 section B, question 5. I couldn't remeber it exactly. It is almost the same.

The mom's name is Ester. Dunno what language, it means daughter of star or the hope of a star.[sumthing like tht]
The son name is Brian. It sound like brain. so i juz put it like tht.. i know lame.. lolz. juz thought of it suddenly.. its not written in my essay or passed up to examiner.. it just an extras in my blog.


I had a weak body when I was a small boy. I couldn’t go out and play with my friends like a normal boy. Due to the overwhelming debt made by my father to pay for my medical fees, he had no solution to pay for it. He ran away, leaving me and my mother. Luckily, my mom had saved money secretly for my future education. She used the money to pay for the debts.

One night, the electricity was cut off due to unknown reason. I cried because I was afraid of the dark. My mom brought me out of the garden. It was a cold and windy night. The house looks scary and larger than usual due to the darkness. She kissed my rose red cheek. My skin was as smooth as silk. The wind touches me softly. I look like a girl when I was young. I stopped crying. She told me look up in the sky. I saw astonished by the small, sparkling and beautiful light. I ask her what it is. She explains to me that it is a star; people believe that when they died of a happy life, they will become a star. She told me that I should work hard to become a successful person and have a peaceful life.

After that incident, I became very diligent. I study very hard and tried my best to earn a scholarship. I was athletic and a top student. I finish college with no problem. When I was small, people would look down on us because we live in poverty. Now people would always try to steal our heart with their sweet talk. People always change their view when people changes. They will always take advantages of people. After 3 years in my medicine course, I finally became a doctor. I reduce my mom burden as the head of family and the bread maker.

At first I work in a normal hospital. It was like a war in there. It’s like a feudal period. Only those can get high post if they are liked by the Head of Department. I had to work so hard, to become who I am now. I work with many people who are full of experience. I saved many people but also grieve for those I could not save. I became a well known and a respected doctor at a young age. This not only brings fortune to me but also misfortune. Those who are older and couldn’t make it to where I stand, despise me. It’s like entering a heated room.

I decide to open a clinic to avoid things getting worst. Unfortunately, my mom was infected with an unknown disease. Nobody had heard of it before. She was in dire need for help. I work with many people though it was hard. After 6 month has passed, there was no bright outcome of finding the cure. It was like finding a needle in a haystack. I knew I will fail but I kept on working on the cure. Many doctor quit because it was hopeless. I spend a lot of time with my mom. Bringing her around the hospital, bring her for vacation when she had permission to leave the hospital for a week or two.

One night, I sat on a chair at the balcony after researching through paper work. It was a windy night, same like when I was small. The sky was filled with many stars. I prayed to it that I would find a cure to save my mom. 2 month later, my mom passes away when her body could not take it anymore. I cried so hard for the whole night knowing whenever I reach home, there won’t be anyone there anymore. I have nobody to talk to when I’m sad or happy. I have nobody to take care anymore. Nobody would correct my mistake or scold me anymore. My life became lonely.

After a year had passed, my hard work had paid off. I found the cure. A thousand of people will be saved, but many have died. One of them is my mom. I left the building, with my tears. I let go tears of happiness for the fortunate and tears of sadness for my mom and those who died roll down my red hot cheek. I sat on a bench at a park nearby. I lost track of time and notice it was night already. It was a cold and windy night. I look up into the sky and tears started rolling down my cheek again. There was a new star shining brighter than the others. It is sparkling so gracefully. I smile weakly, clear my thirsty throat and said, “I love you too.”

[794 words]

No comments: